First off- apologies for not writing for so long, I’ve been ill and still sort of am so there might be big gaps between my writing.
I’m sure you’ve heard of it, that. “BDSM,” book Which isn’t actually BDSM more like a book of how to be an abusive, yet still sexy and get everyone to want you, partner. BDSM does not involve stalking a person definitely does not involve threats… unless it is a discussed beforehand role playing thing but let’s not get into that… Is now a movie getting released just in time for Valentines day.
There are several discussions of people saying they are going to boycott the film due to it’s, “abusive,” nature.
Ok, if you haven’t heard of Fifty Shades of Grey, this is one of those, “Where were have you been?” Moments, this is the book that has probably produced a generation by it’s self just down to the raw kinkiness of some of it’s scenes, and also spun a highlight to, “What is BDSM?” But as the book became more popular more people began to realise the main man of the series, Mr Christian Grey and the leading female of the series Anastasia Steele’s relationship wasn’t that healthy.
In a short term, Fifty Shades is a book which shows
A relationship with no romance but the author still manages to add some form of romance into this dark twisted “love” story by Christian Grey’s weird way of romantically stalking his innocent minded, absent minded “girlfriend”/new friend who should be kept emotionally distant who he can turn into “friend with a lot of kinky benefits”
This is a trilogy so it get’s better…
I mean if someone shows you a room, which you nickname, “The Red Room of Pain.” Chances are you know something’s going to go wrong right?
So, Fifty Shades of Grey is a fanfiction (story based off another story) of Twilight- teenage vampire love story, which sort of developed into a complicated relationship.
Like the Twilight movie there is merchandise coming out…
Now Twilight we had t-shirts, key rings etc.
Fifty Shades now their advertisement and merchandise budget must be massive… seriously every time I go out I’m hit by Fifty Shades of Grey on the side of a bus, (I’m not actually hit by a bus or else I wouldn’t be writing this post). Plus I doubt Beyoncè comes at a cheap price however, she now has two songs on the soundtrack.
We have Fifty Shades T-shirts coming out and I had to dig through the Internet before found key rings.
But other merchandise include
- Jewellery and the tie seen on the front cover of Fifty Shades of Grey.
- Sexy Knickers and bras or (Lingerie as everyone puts it) of all coverings and comforts (So from you can see that you are wearing underwear to you can barely notice it)
- Wine, because you know everyone needs a lack of judgment before having sex… Luckily they are bringing in new laws in that area in the UK.
- Teddy Bear… Now why didn’t they bring out a cuddly Jacob in wolf form for Twilight? But if it’s going to cost £59.12 for a cuddly wolf I think even Team Jacob fans might have passed that.
- 50 Shades of Earl Grey Tea… Which is odd because in the book Ana’s favorite tea is Twinnings Breakfast Tea.
- Baby Grow… One says I’m a result of my mommy reading Fifty Shades of Grey”, Another “My mommy pretends Christian Grey is my daddy” Please take a photo of kids wearing that then show them the photo when they learn what Fifty Shades of Grey is and please get in touch what their reaction was, I have a feeling these baby grows will be like the pink princess dresses every female goth has to deny she wore. Along with the Baby Grow’s there is also Baby changing mats! Who came up with that idea?
These are just some of the odd things out, since the book became popular there has already been the creation of all the handcuffs and floggers so there is no real need to go into them.
Will Well Did you evah be going to see Fifty Shades of Grey at the Cinema?
We might do… although I understand it’s abusive, I also understand that(And I’ve read) there are worse books out there, the only difference is this one has made a lot of hype about its self. In the end it’s a movie based on a book, Christian Grey was an abused child and I think those who have been through abused childhoods will know you don’t always enter adulthood unscathed but in the end he’s willing to get help for it, he sees a therapist! Which is something we should take into consideration, not that it forgives him. Anastasia Steele is a girl with low self esteem the contract and control Christian first gives her she negotiates which and agrees which shows she has some control in the relationship.
By not seeing the movie the industry is just loosing money, but the news circulating about abuse even if we don’t see the movie, the right message is still getting out there, people can see this movie and know partners can abuse each other in more than one way.