Programme- Doctor Who Episode- The Snowman, Season… sorry that’s American… SERIES 7 Aired- 25th of December 2012 Starring- Matt Smith, Jenna-Louise Coleman and a bunch of other awesome actors/actresses. Yes Christmas time. Since Doctor Who started again and their Christmas … Continue reading
You know that moment when you see some stunningly gorgeous wrapping paper and straight away think that’d look nice on my wall? Well I’ve found some that is just that.
Ok, This is a Christmas list of things you probably want… but you can’t have, either because it doesn’t exist yet or it is really expensive or it is extremely unlikely- near impossible to get. Anyone has anything else you think should be on this list, this is just a list off the top of my head, comment below!
1. A Transporter/Teleport- I grew up with every series of Star Trek (Andsecretly loved it… or possibly not as secret as I thought) But those long walks to University, School or Work (I rarely worked outside of the house so thinking this on the way to work hardly happened). But I just want to be able to say, “Beam me up Scotty.” Or “Cat to-Where ever I want to go-” And be there. Yes I know weight problems are an issue today but think about the pollution cut down! Also you can just teleport to a gym!
2. Any FULLY WORKING Gadget from Doctor Who- Doctor Who, Another thing I grew up with and I am obsessed with. I have the 11th/Matt Smith Sonic Screw Driver, although it is a bit difficult to put new batteries in, IT IS TOTALLY WORTH IT! If only it
unlocked things… Unless I’m missing something and every lock on Earth is Deadlock sealed. Also I really want a TARDIS… or just to see one of the real ones to hug it 🙂 I will also hug a Dalek too. I could really do with some real psychic paper too…
3. A Time Machine- This is for if the TARDIS is really not possible. For those who don’t know the difference *Puts Geek hat on* The TARDIS can travel in time and space. A time machine if you take the movie “Time Machine,” Seriously, the time machine won’t actually move… It mentions it on an episode of The Big Bang Theory, so if your not up for watching and trying to understand the movie, I recommend (UK fans only, sorry others) HMV are currently selling The Big Bang Theory box set seasons 1-5 for £30
4. An evening/dinner with a celebrity of your choice, dead or alive. Dead it is extremely unlikely, unless you are or know a good necromancer… If you do… I’m sort of interested actually if anyone does… Give us a message if you are or know a proper one. Back to the topic- Natalie wants dinner with Clark Gable- the handsome actor who plays the character Rhett Butler, in Gone With The Wind, if you have 4 hours to spare… We all know there is normally plenty of time on Boxing Day when you are suffering with the stomach ache of someone cooking too much on Christmas day, I suggest watching Gone With The Wind. Like Natalie you might get some satisfaction of Clark Gable saying, “Frankly My Dear I Don’t Give A Damn.” My Choices for going out to dinner with a celebrity would be… Judy Garland, If you have watched one of her movies, which also star Gene Kelly *Fan scream*, The Pirate you will understand this. I’m one of her Chicken-Hawks! Seen as though it is Christmas another movie to put on your list- Meet Me In St. Louis (I will be writing a review on that nearer Christmas). Also living Stars I would go to dinner with- Ben Barnes ^.^ . Robert Pattinson, right before some of you groan. I sort of feel sorry for him, I know celebrities sign up for all that what comes with fame, but from what I’ve seen of Twilight fans they seem… really serious. I’m touching the subjects of any celebrities personal business/gossip, in the end that’s their business, I still believe they are normal people, just with a good talent. My main reason for wanting to meet Robert Pattinson is because- Hufflepuff business- I want to give him a potato.
5. A trip to space- Ok this is only possible if you are either 1. Seriously rich or 2. Best Buds with Richard Branson.
6. A Trip to Narnia- If someone asks me what I’m doing and I’m not doing anything really interesting I normally reply, “I’m looking for Narnia.” Who wouldn’t want to go there? Yes Narnia was the series of films that introduced me to Ben Barnes.
7. Kim Possible box set- I’ve only just found out Disney have never done this! Seriously? People would rather let their kids rewatch Hannah Montana? Proper role model people! Teach girls how to kick butt! Then us girls can earn more respect!
8. Part in a film of your choice- Natalie’s suggestion this one, she want’s a small part in the Original Nosferatu, I think I’d join her. Unless there was an option to be in the Vampire Kisses (by Ellen Schreiber) movie if it ever get’s made. If you ever read the Vampire Kisses series, you’ll have to fight me to get Alexander. Also I wouldn’t mind a part in any of the X-Men films or a part in Singin’ in the Rain.
9. That Microwave on Fifth Element- If you haven’t watched that movie yet…
10. To get through Christmas without spending a penny- This is impossible unless you live on a deserted island or you’re parent/guardians/career still deem you to be an age where you shouldn’t start buying your own presents/cards for people.
Or there is always the option of a lump of coal or a satsuma
To be honest, I actually could do with a brick for Christmas this year to attach to some of my art supplies… It’s hard to loose a brick and I would paint it a pretty colour.
Frank Sinatra. He really needs no introduction. Good Ol Blue Eyes broke many a lady’s heart, even after his death. Multi talented, beautifully handsome and a bad boy for some of his life this man really was the best of … Continue reading
So did you know December= Christmas? Yeah it was a shock for me too.
Why run around the shops searching for the perfect present you probably won’t even find? Here’s my guide to the top 5 quirky and fabulous presents you could buy for the weird person in your life.
Ok, I know we have mentioned we are going to be writing about Exhibitions and Films… But we all have to read right?… I will probably do more book/manga reviews in the past. If anyone has any suggestions on what to read (I’ve read The Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy (4 times… not sure why I’m proud of that) then give us a message and I’m sure one of us will get around to reading it… Natalie might be the best for proper books as I just write them. However, I will try and give a good/honest book review when I do get around to reading 😀
So Manga/Anime fans!
If you have been to any Cosplay convention/party you will have probably have seen someone in the Cross Academy Night Class Uniform or Day Class Uniform. I’m not going to try and give anything away considering there may be those of you out there who are waiting for the Manga books to come out instead of doing the impatient thing of hunting down translators once a month.
Vampire Knight has slowly become a popular manga, created by Matsuri Hino (We praise you) early 2005 AND IT IS STILL GOING! However, one detail that made me sit in the corner and cry for a while was released in the latest translations of Chapter 88. Again Spoilers. I’m not going to say.
So, the story of Vampire Knight. These Vampires don’t sparkle… They are just really pretty. The beginning of the story is based around human girl called Yuuki/Yuki (Depending on the translation depends what spelling but they both are pronounced the same) Cross, a kind cheerful 15 year old… who can also eat a lot. We find out that Yuuki has no memories from before she was five years old, her first memory is of a snowy winters day. Enter *Fan girl scream* Kaname Kuran. Kaname saves 5 year old Yuuki from an evil vampire that wants to suck her blood- actioned packed right from the start- this reveals to Yuuki that Kaname is also a vampire. Kaname spends a lot of time trying to protect Yuuki. Again with spoilers I’m not going to go into it but I will say there is another reason for it other than Kaname is responsible for Yuuki as he saved her life.
Kaname leaves Yuuki in the care of Chairman Cross, a slightly… errm how do I put it… weird? man, ok he’s just seems to be really happy but you can tell he really cares :’). Although like most of the characters in Vampire Knight it does turn out he has a secret past later on in the series. Kaien (That’s the Chairmans real name) adopts Yuuki. This sets up the scene to bring in the third main character and second guy after Yuuki’s heart… *Drum Roll* Zero Kiryu! Basically Zero gets brought to live with Yuuki and the Chairman after his family are killed by a Pureblood Vampire (Rule of Vampire Knight, there are different kinds of Vampires- humour is put into this as there is actually a hierarchy triangle placing where all the vampires are on it. Pureblood Vampires are the highest and rarest vampires, only they can change humans into Vampires and even then there can be consequences for said human. If the human survives the change the human will need to feed off of a Pureblood to keep their sanity, if not said Ex-Human Vampire will degrade into what is called, “Level E,” Which is when the Vampire Hunters can come and kill them as Level E vampires pose a threat.
Back to Zero, his family died, we find out he has a twin brother who is believed to have died, Yuuki spends some time bonding with Zero, we find out Zero has a real grudge against Vampires… Lucky Zero! The Chairman decides to open up a Night class for Vampires! And basically that’s where the story begins. Yuuki and Zero, as they know about vampires are chosen to be prefects guarding the Day (Human) class against the Night (Vampire) Class. The Night class is closely run by Kaname, who is sweetly keeping an eye on Yuuki.
Most fans split off into ZEKI (ZeroXYuuki) Or KanameXYuuki… I guess KanameXZero is also a big group as well…
It’s a Shojo manga so yes it has it’s girly romance aspects to it, but it also has everything else you could want from a story… unless you are being really imaginative. The Manga is available or there is seasons 1&2 of the Anime, however, the Anime has a few changes to it and unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be getting any more seasons to continue on the journey 😦